Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'm here!

I've been in Prague for less than 48 hours, and I have: eaten goulash, dumplings, duck liver, and other native foods, walked around Old Town by day, consumed ridiculously cheap and strong beer (and some rum, since I was feeling bold) at three bars, and learned two very important words (děkuji for thanks and prosím for please). I am exhausted, but here are some pictures!


pretty clouds and a first glimpse of the Czech Republic! (lots of land, few people)


an NYU building (in blue on the left), right above a bar! And some gorgeous architectural details that are prevalent in Prague -- I have yet to see an ugly building...


the beautiful view from my dorm's terrace


we drank lots of beer, which was a challenge for me... and admired beautiful architecture


in the heart of Old Town Square...


a friend checking out an eclectic "Bohemia Bagel"


"Tuzemsky" was the spiced rum I had last night (and it was yum!), and we explored Praha 1 today, the main part of Old Town. I live close by, in the Praha 2 region. On the right, I found a cute tea place! I love tea.

More to come later! Need to crash, it's past midnight and I was out all night last night!

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful! And the first thing Mom said was "...lots of beer", Haha!
    Don't forget to email!
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures! Nice blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures Helen! Hope you're having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete